YAU MOU GAU...CHOR!! (有冇搞..错!!): Dr M: I want wrongs set right

Monday, June 12, 2006

Dr M: I want wrongs set right

LANGKAWI: Set right what has gone wrong for the sake of the country’s future.

That is all former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has asked of his successor Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

“I have no intentions of toppling Abdullah and I am not trying to make a political comeback.

“But something has gone very wrong, and I hope Abdullah will do something about it,” he said, implying that there were elements of external control in the administration of the Government.

Dr Mahathir said he did not understand the need to reverse decisions on certain mega projects.

With more than RM300bil in the national reserve, and RM300bil in the Employees Provident Fund (EPF), he said the Government could afford such projects.

“If the Government does not borrow from EPF, the depositors will gain nothing. It is like keeping money under the pillow,” he said in an interview here yesterday.

Dr Mahathir was in Langkawi to present the inaugural OGSM (Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Malaysia) address in conjunction with the 16th OGSM congress on Saturday night.

Dr Mahathir said Malaysia had enough trade surplus to sustain eight months of retained imports.

“Therefore, the excuse that we do not have the money is not acceptable,” he said.

Noting that ministers, including Education Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, had made personal attacks against him, Dr Mahathir said some of the statements were uncalled for.

“They accuse me of suffering from post-prime ministerial syndrome!

“I did not make any personal attack on Abdullah. All I asked was why my questions related to AP (approved permit), the selling of MV Agusta shares, and the scrapped second bridge to Singapore were not answered.

“Instead of giving me straightforward answers, they attack me,” he said.

He said the administration had managed to deflate the issue by giving long-winded answers to his questions.

“I am still waiting for direct answers to my questions.

“I want to know why a lot of APs were given to two persons who have no shops (to sell cars).

“The two are selling APs at a very high price. They have become rich, doing no other business other than selling APs.

“For the sale of Agusta, I want to know if the intended sale was advertised. How was the buyer identified? Who is the buyer? How was the sale derived?” he asked.


Related Stories:
Mahathir upset with PKR report
Shahrir: Government doesn't have to answer Dr M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters © Copyright 2005-2008 SEE FU. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.