YAU MOU GAU...CHOR!! (有冇搞..错!!): Dr M alleges moves to stop him from being elected

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dr M alleges moves to stop him from being elected

PUTRAJAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has alleged that Umno leaders, including party secretary-general Datuk Seri Radzi Sheikh Ahmad, have made attempts to stop Kubang Pasu Umno division members from electing him as a delegate to the Umno general assembly in November.

The former Umno president, who has received nominations from 16 branches in the division, said he would continue with his plans to be a delegate and hoped he would secure the votes.

“They are going all out. Even Radzi seems to be there all the time, telling them not to choose me because my glorious position as ex-president will be lowered, and that they were trying to save my dignity,” he told a press conference at the Perdana Leadership Foundation here yesterday.

“But their intention is to show my own division does not want me, which they can use later to tell the whole of Umno.

“The cause of losing my dignity is the act of the Umno leadership stopping me from meeting party members and likewise.”

Expressing surprise at the intensity of the “campaign” to stop him from being a delegate to the assembly, Dr Mahathir said he believed the party was afraid he might say certain things that would not be good for it.

“I fail to understand this, I am not going to be 'lowered' in any way by being a delegate. All I am trying to do is to get an opportunity to attend the assembly and to speak if I am allowed to,” he added.

He also said that at first he thought it would be an easy win.

Asked about his intentions for attending the assembly, Dr Mahathir said he wanted to hear the debates, and if given an opportunity, he would clarify matters that might be raised.

On efforts to get him to meet his successor, Dr Mahathir said: “I can sit down to it provided it is a serious discussion and open to all. What I have to say is not a secret, he can refute.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters © Copyright 2005-2008 SEE FU. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.