YAU MOU GAU...CHOR!! (有冇搞..错!!): Dr M blames loss on bribery??? YAU MOU GAU..CHOR!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dr M blames loss on bribery??? YAU MOU GAU..CHOR!!

PUTRAJAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who failed in his attempt to be elected a Kubang Pasu Umno delegate to the Umno general assembly, has cited bribery as one of the reasons for his defeat.

Some delegates, he alleged, were given RM200 each in an envelope which also contained a piece of paper listing the favoured candidates.

“I admit I will not be able to provide ample proof, but one of the delegates who was casting her vote passed on this piece of paper when we were shaking hands,” he said, holding out a piece of paper containing the numbers of the seven favoured candidates out of 15 people vying to be the division delegates to the assembly in November.

The former Umno president said he kept the paper; and when the results were out, six favoured numbers were selected while his son, Muhkriz, although his number was not listed, won a place.

“This is the price of the dignity of the Malays – RM200. I am sad because I know the existence of money politics in the party.

“However, I can’t believe that the party leadership used money to ensure my defeat,” he told a group of supporters who turned up at the Perdana Leadership Foundation here after his defeat over the weekend.

Another reason he cited for his defeat was the massive use of federal and state government machinery.

He said Kubang Pasu Umno members were not willing to lodge a report because “they will be subjected to all kinds of questioning.”

“Three cheers for this Government, they have succeeded because they used the biggest sledgehammer to kill one tiny mosquito,” he said.

The former prime minister said he would continue to expose the misdeeds of the present administration.

“I don’t care if they don’t like me, these people who run the Government. I care for the ordinary people. I think they have not rejected me,” he said.

“They are still friendly, they still want to kiss my hand. From the smiling faces, I can assume they don’t hate me. But I hear many people do not like the present Government.”

He said the Government could try to shut him up.

“I have a big mouth and am going to use this big mouth to expose the misdeeds of the Government. They can try to stop me from talking; the only way they can stop me is to throw me in jail,” Dr Mahathir added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters © Copyright 2005-2008 SEE FU. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.